Friday, January 20, 2006

ch

Life is Hard Enough When You Belong Here: Notes Towards an Investigation


Moray Eel
Originally uploaded by cdhu.
I've checked my bedroom thoroughly, and it seems as if our would-be burglar, despite going through every room in the basement (including the "hole room" and my weird little closet), made off with absolutely nothing. This, however, has not prevented us from forming an apartment-wide militia to beef up our defenses.

We just got done sweeping the laundry room with a whole posse of folks, including among other people an umbrella-wielding Kartik, a Maglite-toting Nathan, and former Indy ilustrations editor Alison Brockhouse. My weapon of choice was a hockey stick jerry-rigged with hockey tape and a box cutter to form a makeshift bayonet.

And of course, if any future intruders get through me and my Civil War-style weaponry, they'll have to deal with the MORAY EEL!

2 Comments:

Blogger nathan said...

fearsome

5:12 PM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger Ed said...

Im sorry I burgled your house guys. I was actually looking for a moray eel, but since you hadn't hidden one for defence yet, there was nothing to take. I'll be back around in a few weeks.

p.s. I am immune to boxcutters.

2:03 PM, January 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home