Tuesday, January 10, 2006

ch

A post laden with links.

I turned 22 today, and received a number of kind birthday wishes, many of them from Infamous Grouse contributors and readers. Sadly I have no stories of birthday debauchery to relate, as slept in until noon, recovering from a Sunday night spent listening to white people play reggae-cum-nü metal* in Los Angeles, and then passed my evening watching CSI and reading Lewis Dabney's absorbing but over-praised Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature.

I had dinner with my family at Souplantation, a restaurant which is about as close to the opposite of Bugaboo Creek as is possible: it's extremely vegetarian-friendly, but there are no amusing Canadian robo-animals. As some of you with long blog-memories will recall, Lisa, Brandon, and Nathan graciously took me to the Creek this summer for my half-birthday.

* Warning: alarming sound clip contained within. At the very least, I enjoyed the venue, which is best known for being the site of River Pheonix's death.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz cumpleaños.

11:59 AM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger nathan said...

as a follow up to your river phoenix related events:

http://www.ps260.com/molly/RIVER'S%20EDGE.mov

(thanks alice)

4:30 PM, January 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home