Wednesday, October 05, 2005

ch
Well, this looks like a bit of coincidence, as I can imagine what Adam's post will be about. But I wanted to revert to the basest of blog-habits and link to a London Review of Books article, written by the Scottish novelist Andrew O'Hagan, on the subject of his journey to New Orleans and Mississippi with a couple of guys from North Carolina who decided to drive down and volunteer. I found it worth reading not just because its tone and approach are so different from everything else I've read in the media over the past month or so (such a lengthy, narrative approach to the hurricane's wake--and one which declines to focus on a 'message' or scapegoat, or even much on the victims themselves--would be unthinkable in other publications), but because O'Hagan reminds me of Adam. I went into the LRB archive to find some of his previous articles and, funnily enough, one of his most recent reviews was of Saint Morrissey and The Smiths: Songs That Changed Your Life.

Edit:
Before I forget, here are a couple articles from the new and exciting Brown Review:
- Adam on Pynchon
- Myself on Hemingway

And to settle the raging controversy: When I can't think of a title, as often happens, I just don't type one in.

4 Comments:

Blogger He Hate Me said...

No Title? Is that supposed to poignant (sp?) or just an oversight?

1:03 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger nathan said...

it seems like intentional oversight

3:53 PM, October 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be a lot of Adam nostalgia going on.

12:08 AM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did the deleted comment say?

5:14 PM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home