Sunday, September 25, 2005

nathan

mike and chris should get their acts together

yeah, i think it's just me and brandon now. it's funny how that worked out considering we're the ones that don't have computers at the moment.

in fact, i'm convinced that fate is trying to push me back to a pre-technological state piece by piece. first the car becomes illegal to drive by some random twist, then my computer more or less dies out of the blue, then my ipod's click wheel ceases to work (it still connects to the computer so i got the files and music off, thankfully). i'm afraid of what's coming next, perhaps my phone? perhaps my external hard drive? or will it be my stereo? maybe electronics will begin to explode as i walk past.

hopefully, though, i'll be able to get my computer back into working order within a week; apparently lisa's little brother can get stuff off of the computer. that would be real nice.

since my ipod broke just before playing the first song of my radio show last thursday, i was forced to use bsr's limited library. i normally play hardcore and country or variations on those genres, but bsr has very little decent hardcore so i had to use what metal i was able to find, none of it good. i'm talking obituary and soilent green....OBITUARY.


but i thank what lucky stars are still in my sky these days for smithsonian folkways, their albums are reliably good and slavaged the country half of things (well, it was bluegrass that night).

all in all, though, it was perhaps the worst radio program i have ever broadcast in my time as a dj.

but right now i'm sitting in the mcm editing room listening to a playlist on my ipod i made at the very beginning of summer (since i can't listen to the ipod anymore if its not connected to a computer).

i made this playlist back when life was at its luckiest, things were all going right those days, not that things are all that bad now, but damn i wish it were early summer again.

it's been smelling like fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home