Tuesday, October 11, 2005

He Hate Me

One of Those Weeks

Last week was one of the top five craziest weeks of my life. And y'all know that means shit was CRA-ZY. For various reasons, I'm not gonna get into all of it here but let me just say I'm looking forward to the turkey and peace that lies approxminately 50 days away.

So instead of stressing yall out with my stresses, I will attempt to offer an enjoyable study break.
  • This guy is my new hero and a role model for college students everywhere.
  • These two guys decided to have a shitty mixtape contest where the loser had to walk around the city with a huge boombox blasting the awful music: the video is pretty damn funny.
  • Japanese game shows are soooooo amazing! In this one, for every question he gets wrong, he gets closer and closer to a face-to-jaw conforntation with a crocodile.
  • To Brian Lee and all the other yellow wristband wearers...
  • And finally, on a much more uplifting note, this is the Brown '05 MVP of the year. This article came up 157 places on Google, played on CNN (the link to the video is in the green box on the right). Damn. Biko, you do us all proud.

From ABCNews.com:

When Biko Eisen-Martin spotted a woman giving birth to the first of triplets in the middle of downtown Berkeley, he didn’t hesitate to give her the shirt off his back.

Eisen-Martin, a 23-year-old poet and first-year history teacher at Berkeley High School, said he left campus for a walk and some fresh air around 1:45 p.m. Monday and saw Lanitta Lewis of Oakland standing five steps down the stairwell to the BART station at Center Street and Shattuck Avenue, hunched over the banister, alone and bleeding.

“I asked if she was OK and she told me to get her some napkins,” he said. “I came down to give them to her and I see the head coming out.”

Eisen-Martin used his cell phone to call for an ambulance. Seconds later, with the baby almost completely out, he ripped off his shirt and handed it to Lewis, who wrapped the newborn in it.

“You’re my hero,” Lewis told Eisen-Martin when he visited her and her three newborn girls Wednesday at Alta Bates’ Newborn Intensive Care Center. “No one else took notice of me. I would have been all alone at BART with a baby in my hands.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn straight. Berkeley and Brown make a caring combination.

8:37 PM, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an alligator, not a crocodile.

7:13 AM, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home