Tuesday, June 20, 2006

He Hate Me
Big Brother 7/Japanese Game Show

Just a reminder that this Wednesday at 8, CBS will air the Big Brother 7: All Stars casting special. 20 of the best former housemates will be announced as potential all-stars and 12 will be voted (6 by viewers/6 by the producers) back into the house for the season premiere in 2 weeks. Over the last 4 years, I think I've gotten a few of you hooked, if not at least intrigued, by the show. If nothing else, watch Wednesday so you can put faces to the names I've been rambling about since freshman year.

On another (but not completely unrelated) topic, this YouTube clip of a Japanese game show is one of the funniest I've seen in a while. I thought I'd seen em all by now (who could forget the Asian girls with meat strapped to their head). I don't want to give too much away but the set-up is a game show set in a library. Don't quit after the first minute either, it gets better as it goes. I won't say any more, just enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger T said...

You've probably seen some of these, but the Japanese show you linked to is part of a whole series. The idea is to keep as quiet as possible, though other clips sometimes have the goal of not laughing at all.

You Can't Laugh: High School

You Can't Laugh: Hot Spring #1

You Can't Laugh: Hot Spring #2

You Can't Laugh: Biology Class

You Can't Laugh: Graduation

Silent Library #2 (Part 1)
Silent Library #2 (Part 2)

Silent Library #3 (Part 1)
Silent Library #3 (Part 2)

As you can tell, I'm pretty bored.

3:16 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger He Hate Me said...

Thank you. You are a valuable contributor to the Infamous Grouse community.

If it wasn't obvious, I love that library clip so much becuase:

1. Even in Asia, Asians are only found in libraries.

2. Where did they find that big black guy?

3. At first, it seems like this is something that could actually happen in a library but as larger/more involved contraptions appear, their concern about staying quiet (ostensibly as to not disturb the other Asians) becomes absurd.

4. Where did that random old guy come from?

5. Clearly I'm the black guy in the final karaoke scene.

By the way, I hit the motherload on crazy Japanese TV: http://tvinjapan.blogspot.com/

Allez cuisine!

10:32 AM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home