Saturday, June 10, 2006

ch

Books, grousing, and Steven GER-rard (not Ger-RARD, as ABC would have it)

• Thanks to Rollie, I am now obsessed with cataloguing my books using Delicious Library, a great media library software program. I've logged in most, but not all, of my books--I'm at 313 right now. Soon, perhaps, I will be putting the whole thing online.



• Today would have been an overwhelmingly sports-filled day, but the Red Sox-Rangers doubleheader was rained out. Instead I just watched the England-Paraguay match this morning in an Irish pub in downtown New Haven, downing* coffee, beer, and an omelette in the process.

• I'd like to echo Nathan's plea for more posts from the other Grouse members. This means you, Michael, Brandon, and Adam.

* It's funny (if only to me) that I inadvertently wrote this, because today England substituted the inexperienced (and not particularly talented) young winger Stewart Downing for Michael Owen in the second half, a tactical switch that was as surprising as it was unhelpful.

3 Comments:

Blogger nathan said...

i see you've been using del.icio.us a lot lately. i applaud you. and, yeah, i'm paying attention.

i'm drinking some sort of not-so-good tasting johnnie walker liqueur right now. i say stick to their whisky.

11:56 PM, June 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can adam even post? i thought he was locked away as part of an epic sleep experiment and not allowed access to the blogosphere or anything that might reveal the passage of time.
but adam, just in case you are reading this, i just saw a csi episode involving sleep experiment participants and learned the following: if someone tries to give you an eyeball transplant, fight back!

10:57 AM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger ch said...

Many being Many

Yeah, I'm trying to convert from bookmarks to del.icio.us links. I read the abstract for that "Digital Maoism" article...seems up my alley, right down to "Maoist" being used as an epithet for in-fighting.

As for Adam, I'm not sure whether he ended up doing that sleep study...does anyone know?

8:09 PM, June 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home