Wednesday, April 12, 2006

ch

Hired, sort of.


Robert Scholes, Textual Power
Originally uploaded by cdhu.
Perhaps I'm only posting so that Brandon will feel okay about bumping down Nathan, but for what it's worth: I'll be in New Haven this summer interning for Yale University Press, in the Acquisitions Editorial division. After that, I'm not so sure. Scholarly publishing is what I think I "want to do after college," so I guess this is a start.

I've been reading the Brown Daily Jolt forums a lot, and I've been fixated by this thread about conflict between the sciences and the humanities, and the class implications of majoring in certain things. Although I think most of these analyses (or at least the simplistic humanities=rich, science=poor approach) get it wrong, the whole idea that academic disciplines could be a proxy for talking about class and class tension at Brown is really interesting to me.

So, by way of conclusion: the picture is of a great Robert Scholes book, published by Yale UP, which is about teaching theory in English courses.

1 Comments:

Blogger nathan said...

no worries about bumping down. i think 24 hours is the minimum time, unless it is urgent.

11:58 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home