Tuesday, April 04, 2006

ch

Not thesis-sing.

Since Brandon's busy writing his thesis, I'll "step up to the plate" with a practical and fun political link: Rifuture.org asked the Democratic Senate candidates 25 questions, and they responded thusly. If you didn't already know, Carl Sheeler is hilarious.

Plus:
The LRB's letters page is blowing up over this article on "The Israel Lobby," which the publication's editor has since admitted was inappropriately capitalized. Aside from the actual issues at hand, I always love a good "I'm so angry--cancel my subscription!" letter. I had always dreamed of being able to write a great one to The Nation about how I'd been a subscriber for six decades, but then I let my subscription run out last year (through neglect, rather than outrage) after only four years.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good sense of humor in and out of politics is a must.

Did you hear the one about regular folks voting for candidates who largely receive out-of-state contributions at $1k a pop?

What is your thesis on?

1:53 AM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger nathan said...

No, Carl, what is YOUR thesis on?

5:38 PM, April 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

End the war, save lives and pursue a better future. We can start by serious investment in alternative energy and shaking out our foreign policy, which in a word "sucks".

People know what we need. It's our leaders who are not connected.

The alternative is a war of attrition in the middle east, which will drain our country's resources and young lives.

My doctoral thesis was on Private Company Illiquidity.

5:18 PM, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home