Sunday, April 02, 2006

He Hate Me

Thesis-ing

  • I'm so cool - John Edwards' official blog has a link to my TheDemIM Fantasy Campaign Manager: John Edwards post. From blog.oneamericacommittee.com:
    Don't know who this piece is written by but it's an informative discussion of the coming race. The "Fantasy Campaign Manager" presents his/her arguments in three parts, scroll down the page to start with the March 17, 2006 piece. DemIM has interesting thoughts for all political junkies. It is biased towards Edwards, but it gives some sobering appraisals of what the race is shaping up to be at this early stage.
  • April Fool's Day exists to promote the illusion that you are safe from getting serv'd the other 364 days of the year. Suck on that Baudrillard.
  • There's this website called wordcount.org that shows in order the top 86,800 frequently used words. You can also search for words to see where they are on the list.

    They have this new service called query count that shows in order the most frequently searched words on wordcount. Meta huh? Anyways, the top fifteen:
    1. sex
    2. the
    3. love
    4. shit
    5. god
    6. i
    7. cunt
    8. ass
    9. a
    10. pussy
    11. penis
    12. vagina
    13. jesus
    14. dog
    15. john
  • So I'm about halfway done with my thesis. Honestly, when I first applied for it, I thought I'd only be about a quarter of the way through with a week to go. Then again, maybe I set my expectations too low.

1 Comments:

Blogger He Hate Me said...

Thanks for the interest. I plan to do Fastasy Campaign Manager articles on other candidates but not at the same length as the Edwards piece.

Are you involved with the Edwards campaign or just an independent supporter?

Oh, and I think Luntz is a brilliant political mind despite his partisan persuasion. It seems like he might switch sides though (which would be a godsend to the Party). I think the recent focus group results are interesting but of course its way too far out to give them much credibility.

For me, the big surprise was that they enjoyed Warner as much as they did. Despite his outstanding (though brief) record, I find him a bit stale.

Also, apparently Edwards has to find a different way to package the poverty issue. It will require a revolutionary effort to make the issue a political winner but if he does it will change the Democratic Party, American politics, and (hopefully) the lives of millions of Americans.

6:23 PM, April 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home