Tuesday, October 25, 2005

He Hate Me

Trife Proliferation

I discovered over the past weekend that our readership is much further reaching than Unit 26 expatriates, 17 Thayer residents, and Indy hipsters. Given the growing sphere of influence that our blog has attained, I feel that we should move from the less important issues of race and poverty, gender and sexuality, and talking skeletons to the critical issue of bringing trife to the world.

What is trife you may ask? It is a difficult concept to explain so I figured a Google search might help. It turns out the first image match and the site www.trife.com, lead to "Page Not Found" sites. Suprising, I know.

Even the urbandictionary.com definition is horribly off:
Closely related to "trippin".
1. Someone who makes much ado about nothing.
2. Something that is so wack that it's not worth your time.
3. Over-concerned with petty things.
4. Some that is dissatisfying. Not to the standards of your approval.

As it is such a hard concept to pin down, I will provide an opportunity for trife open to anyone who wishes to experiment with it.

Several months ago, this clip was shown on Family Guy:
The clip is of Peter and the family drinking a substance called Ipecac that induces vomiting. It is sold in drug stores and supposed to be used when people injest poisions. It's pretty fucking funny, the picture does it no justice.

This is a real-life version of the same stunt. Depending on your personality, you'll ever find it sad and shocking or just downright hilarious. For me, it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen.

So here's where you come in. Me and Mike have agreed to do our own Ipecac challenge and vomit up lots of multi-colored foods. If you want in, you're trife. You also have my respect.

1 Comments:

Blogger T said...

I think it is here that you and I must differ.

While I found the Family Guy clip mildly amusing (a little like narcoleptic regurgitation), I couldn't say the same for the real-life version. I suppose I just have a very strong aversion to puke.

Also, I have my doubts about the real-life clip in general. The person selected seems too stereotypical. Too willing to simply drink a drink because it's just "some drink." That, and does he regularly go through the day consuming nothing but Mountain Dew? Or perhaps simply water. I think the substance he drank was in fact Ipecac, but I also think the whole thing was staged. What a thing to do to yourself. Perhaps, if you two go through this, you can also do us the honor of filming the event. You know, something to show your kids years from now.

And althought I wholeheartedly disapprove of this experiment, if you do in fact do it, use the syrup! Though I'm sure you already knew this. Also, there is the chance that you might not vomit it all out, which would mean you might have to go to the ER. Just saying.

2:31 PM, October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home