Thursday, July 14, 2005

nathan

14th

i am feeling very corporate.

i arrive at work with an iced coffee, turn on my computer, check my work e-mail, look at the stack of papers i need to go over and think about how i'm going to re-design the annual report.
very corporate for someone working at a very anti-corporate place.

i am usually a model employee when it comes to focus and diligence, rarely procrastinating. but today must be different because on my walk over, all i could think about was posting on this blog.
mostly i was going to post an anecdote or two about last night that would serve as a sort of public apology (hey ed, wasn't that what the drummer wanted to call our short-lived, misguided band?). but i won't do that as it might only lead to increased regret: a feeling i generally do my best to minimize.
but i will say that the lesson learned (once again) from these anecdotes would be to not drink so much on a wednesday night. my 13th and 14th may have been improved if i had never met up with evan, jim and bud yesterday evening. but perhaps i was just preemptively shooting myself in the foot, because if i do it myself, other people won't have to.

and i certainly wouldn't have needed to buy iced coffee on the way to work this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger nathan said...

last night was, um, odd. i'm sorry:

adam
chris
akron/family
lisa
fitz
alex k
cammie
hank williams
lauren
shaved head guy
alex p
annie
sir richard bishop
my bullet-ridden foot
suspicious cop(s)
kartik
my usual self

so, yeah, i guess i don't have much to apologize for except being kind of loud, fairly obnoxious and less censored that usual but, see, that usually isn't my thing.

11:36 AM, July 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home