Monday, July 17, 2006

He Hate Me

Oh What A Night

This past weekend, the Towers of Dominion played host to Angela as well as Mike Sa.'s friend, Scott. Up until now, Scott was generally known to us as the guy who thought he had to fart but ended up shitting on Mike Sa.'s kitchen floor. Now he's known as the guy who sent Smallberg to the hospital.

Don't worry, the Jew is resilient and will be fine. He is resting back at the apartment and taking a well-deserved day off. Because of my various intoxicated states and the sheer amount of trife that took place in such a short period of time, I will not attempt to recount all that led to the incident and its aftermath but here's the basic story:

On Friday night, Scott challenged me to a wrestling match and obviously I did not decline. He kicked my ass. Twice. The next day, the Mike's continued to rip on me about it so I challenged them to take on Scott. Scott offered to fight without using his arms (a la our previous fights at 17 Thayer). Smallberg accepted and a violent confrontation erupts. Scott pretty much wiped the floor with him and slammed into the floor and wall on a couple occasions. The fight stopped with Scott bleeding from an opened scab and Smallberg wincing in pain.

We really didn't think anything of it until a couple hours later when Smallberg, still in noticable pain, started searching through his maps to find the closest hospital. Being the assholes we were, we didn't drive him there until we all had a few drinks. A couple hours later we finally left to go to the hospital.

As we waited in the waiting room for his X-rays to come back, we got bored. So we left. Other Mike and Scott went to go get Chinese food and Angela and I went back to the apartment and did some Keifer. On the way back to the hospital, me and Angela stopped to pick up our own Chinese food and then picked up Smallberg who was preparing to put on his sling.

Smallberg fractured his scapula. Basically, he broke his right shoulder blade. According to the American Academy of Orthapedic Surgeons:
Triangular, mobile and protected by a complex of surrounding muscles, the shoulder blade (scapula) is rarely broken. Scapula fractures represent less than 1 percent of all broken bones. High-energy, blunt trauma such as a motorcycle or car crash or falling from significant height can fracture the scapula and cause other major injuries such as broken ribs or damage to the head, lungs or spinal cord. Symptoms include:

  • Extreme pain when you move the arm.

  • Swelling around the back of the shoulder.

  • Skin abrasions.
So we picked up our Chinese food and it was delicious. Oh, and Smallberg will be alright -- plus he got Percocet. He got fucked up, to be sure, but he's already up and moving pretty well and should be back at 100% soon. I told you guys trife would ensue.

3 Comments:

Blogger He Hate Me said...

please elaborate. will there be ecstasy or just glow sticks?

5:16 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger ch said...

Mike called me when I was in a motel room in Columbus, Ohio, and I felt bad because I didn't have my computer with me and thus couldn't find him a hospital. Little did I know that you guys were just sitting around drinking.

6:29 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger nathan said...

such little pity in that post! and not to contradict mr. blige, but you guys should come to nyc, my office is having one of its famed roof parties (there will be bouncers) on thursday and we (possibly) will have a party on saturday. friday you can make your own fun, dammit.

8:34 PM, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home