Friday, June 24, 2005

nathan

not paranoid

i think it's about time i post a non-picture oriented post, not to say this will be any less disappointing.

i was talking to someone about my recent glass-related misfortunes (getting cut up by a neighbor's broken table, my own window and a poster frame; 3 events over 3 weeks) which have left my hands and fingertips mildly and, with any luck, temporarily scarred. she mentioned that this has to signify something; it's not the kind of thing you let a fiction writer get away with.
i'm not sure what getting sliced up by glass 3 times over 3 weeks (trinities/triplets are significant?) would mean, but i'm pretty sure fate has just become a little more deliberate in its sense of humor of late.
rather than delivering unexpected events with sudden pushes, it's weaving several together and releasing them over time.
i think the next set has already begun since i've been glass-injury free; and this new set seems to involve mysteriously losing little things that i usually keep very close track of (guitar pick, the useful half of my door key).

and i still like to tell myself i'm not paranoid.

in other news, i had to pretend i knew how to update a (non-blogspot) website at work today in front of my supervisor. as soon as he left though i taught myself how to use dreamweaver and looked up some html code (i only really knew how to post images and links before). didn't get much done, but next time i won't have to feel like i'm lying when i'm asked to do some web stuff.

well that was thoroughly uninteresting for everyone but me (and i'm not even sure i'm that interested), but i had to re-assert my presence on the blog.
here's a little something for you to enjoy as a reward for making it through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home